Scribbly Gums Art

This is our art blog because we thought it was about time to put our artwork onto a separate place!! It is where the bush and creativity meet.

There are two other blogs I regularly update which may be of interest to you also ..... Please come and say hi!!

Tattered Inspirations
(Mixed Media Blog)

A Taste of Honey
(ScrapBooking and Info Blog)

Scribbly Gums Art is named after our property 'Scribbly Gums' which is on the Lower Boro Road between Bungendore and Braidwood.

This blog is an ongoing celebration of those things and
will display Phil and my passions - art, painting, sculpture, mosaics, pottery, photography, mixed media and iron.....

Come and enjoy the art ..... and leave a comment - we would love to hear from you!

Carol & Phil Mead

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Targine


Here is something that I loved making and with practive I am definitely going to produce more of these. A targine is an African cooking pot with a high lid and a shallow base.

I founf a picture of one with a domed lid which I liked and it is much easier to through than a cone shaped lid. I used Shiga red glaze and then a pale green glaze dribbled over the top, this broke the glaze into interesting brown and blue patterns.

I also made a rice vessel to go with the targine - we will be putting it through its paces this week and cooking an African vegetable stew in it and I will let you know how it goes......

Thanks for looking
Carol

No comments: