Scribbly Gums Art

This is our art blog because we thought it was about time to put our artwork onto a separate place!! It is where the bush and creativity meet.

There are two other blogs I regularly update which may be of interest to you also ..... Please come and say hi!!

Tattered Inspirations
(Mixed Media Blog)

A Taste of Honey
(ScrapBooking and Info Blog)

Scribbly Gums Art is named after our property 'Scribbly Gums' which is on the Lower Boro Road between Bungendore and Braidwood.

This blog is an ongoing celebration of those things and
will display Phil and my passions - art, painting, sculpture, mosaics, pottery, photography, mixed media and iron.....

Come and enjoy the art ..... and leave a comment - we would love to hear from you!

Carol & Phil Mead

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Two posts in one day

Well it just goes to show that miracles do happen

Here are some watercolours I did on our holiday to Far North Queensland..... now you might think I have gone overboard with bright colours - but they are actually true to life - and I sort of like the vibrancy


Purple Bower Plant an Rain forest Berries

A type of bower plant growing in lots of gardens we visited
The berries are from the rain forest - they were great as a filler and to lift the piece
The purple berries are a lilly pilly - they are gorgeous


The bell like purple flowers were in evidence throughout the gardens in the area. This vine was pretty spectacular too - though I think probably a pest because it is so invasive - I loved it though. Funnily enough it was on its last legs when I painted it but I left it for two nights in water adn then it sparked up again like nobodys buiness - might have been all the water colour paint in the glass as I use the same water for the flowers and to wet my brush.

Purple Bower Plant and spent flowers
This is bigger than my scanner
Sorry - but you get most of the picture

The hibiscus type flower (heaven knows what it is) was from outside Nick's Restaurant Yangaburra where the lady inside said I could have a bit to paint - thank you ...... I cannot do them justice taken from a photo


From Outside Nicks Restaurant
I will probably have to search for another name
But they were so beautiful - velvety and lush


And again


And yet again! Sorry to be boring

The lilly pillys were also in fruit and you will see them in the paintings as well - gorgeous colour and form.

Phil (DH) doesn't usually read this but he is so patient with me - wherever we stay there are cameras, pencils, flowers and me busily painting (like a mad woman)..... he usually cooks and then praises my paintings too..... as I said he is a patient man

Phil also does not blink an eye when I stay Stop!! I need to paint that and then I am off picking up and picking off bits and pieces to paint...... Love you babe!!

Thanks for looking - and I promise to try and post more regularly

In the meantime pop into Tattered Inspirations for some more eye candy - there are also some very talented ladies in my blog roll down the side

Love
Carol

No comments: