Scribbly Gums Art

This is our art blog because we thought it was about time to put our artwork onto a separate place!! It is where the bush and creativity meet.

There are two other blogs I regularly update which may be of interest to you also ..... Please come and say hi!!

Tattered Inspirations
(Mixed Media Blog)

A Taste of Honey
(ScrapBooking and Info Blog)

Scribbly Gums Art is named after our property 'Scribbly Gums' which is on the Lower Boro Road between Bungendore and Braidwood.

This blog is an ongoing celebration of those things and
will display Phil and my passions - art, painting, sculpture, mosaics, pottery, photography, mixed media and iron.....

Come and enjoy the art ..... and leave a comment - we would love to hear from you!

Carol & Phil Mead

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Wonderful Magnolias




Okay I know that many of us love these trees - in Canberra they are spectacular at this time of the year and I always think the flowers remind me of ballerina skirts for some reason.

So I was delighted to find that Jess (DD) is living in a house with a couple of these magnificent trees in her yard. I want to grow some at Scribbly Gums but I haven't planted any as yet, of course.

I think they might be a favourite to paint for the future they are so amazing, velvet leaves, wonderful colours, interesting bark, knobbly stems and fuzzy buds. Unfortunately they fade and go limp very quickly and I really only had just over 24 hours to paint these three. But I hope you'll agree they are just gorgeous!!


Thanks for looking at my paintings.... I hope you enjoyed them.

Please leave a comment so I know you have visited.

Lots of love
Carol

1 comment:

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

Beautiful paintings Carol.
Deanne
xx